On April 1, 2022, AATJ hosted a CLE covering the defense of car repossessions and deficiency actions.
In this presentation you will learn about the following:
1. Why defending a deficiency action is important.
2. A creditor’s rights to deficiency.
3. What happens when an underlying debt is extinguished.
4. When a creditor’s actions may preclude a deficiency.
5. Defective disposition as defense to deficiency action.
6. The applicable statute of limitations.
7. Procedural defenses, notice requirements, and elements of creditors claims.