9 a.m. to 10 a.m.–Justice Index Discussion (Ethics CLE)
Description: Staffers from the National Center for Access to Justice at Fordham Law School will discuss the newly updated Justice Index. The Justice Index is a snapshot of how well states are performing in providing access to justice for the most vulnerable members of society. The Justice Index provides valuable insights into reforms that are needed in Arkansas and examples of other states that have found practical means for implementing these reforms.
Introduction by: Mr. Mayfield
Materials: Justice Index Discussion Points for Arkansas
- Jamie Gamble–Senior Counsel & Director of Justice Index Project, National Center for Access to Justice
- Chris Albin-Lackey–Legal and Policy Director, National Center for Access to Justice
10 a.m. to 11 a.m.–Legal Aid Attorney Panel (Ethics CLE)
Description: Legal aid attorneys from the Center for Arkansas Legal Services and Legal Aid of Arkansas will discuss the challenges and rewards in their day-to-day work. They’ll also describe opportunities for collaboration with the private bar. We hope that this will be a lively discussion, so please come with questions and comments!
Moderator: Jordan Bates-Rogers
- Kendall Lewellen–Housing Work Group Leader, Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Cecille Doan–Consumer Protection Work Group Leader, Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Julie Norman–Managing Attorney of Little Rock Office, Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Victoria Frazier–Staff Attorney-Consumer Work Group, Legal Aid of Arkansas
- Mary Goff–VOCA Attorney, Legal Aid of Arkansas
- Kevin De Liban–Director of Advocacy, Legal Aid of Arkansas
11 a.m. to 11:10 a.m.–Break